FORUMS: list search recent posts

In-House Catalog Color Proofing

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corbin Gross
In-House Catalog Color Proofing
on Feb 7, 2008 at 2:58:44 pm

So my boss is planing to hire a color guy to do the color on our catalogs. I'm the photographer and my knowledge is pretty limited to RGB since I almost never to the final color on my images. Currently we outsource our color to a color house and in addition to being more convenient for the creative director we'll save about 90% doing it ourselves. She wanted me to approximate what it would cost to get this guy set up. I know what I'd be looking at if it was me but this will be in CMYK. CMYK scares me, too many channels.

Anywho, I thought I could get suggestions on monitors and printers. I thought I'd ask you what you liked for calibrating monitor and printer also. I'm on a MacPro with an Apple monitor. I use a Spyder2 to calibrate. To clarify, we're an apparel wholesaler and our catalogs range from ~30 pages to about 550 pages, so it's a big job.

Thanks for your help everybody.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: In-House Catalog Color Proofing
on Feb 11, 2008 at 7:57:20 pm

If you do your printing at the same color house, talk to them about what color proofing they use, and try to sync up to that as close as possible. If they are color management savvy, they will give you a copy of their color profile to use when printing color proofs of your photography.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]