Printing Problem with InDesign to Konica CPP500

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Bulfer
Printing Problem with InDesign to Konica CPP500
on Dec 17, 2007 at 3:27:21 am

Good evening
I've got a serious printing problem.
When I create a new InDesign document, there is a one-half inch area on the right side (margin) that will not print. I can't give up that much space! Page layout is landscape. Using a Mac, printing to a Konica CPP 500. Older documents/files print much closer to the edge of the paper; it's only a problem with new files. I print duplex and it only occurs on one side - perhaps the B side.
Thanks for any advice.
Bill

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Printing Problem with InDesign to Konica CPP500
on Jan 9, 2008 at 11:31:55 pm

Sorry to have been away for so long. Most all printers cannot print to the edge of the paper, becausue the gripper has to grab the paper, and ink/varnish at the edge would make it impossible to for the printer to grab the paper. Also if the printer allowed ink to be printed o the edge then there si a good chance ink would get on the rollers, then inside the printer, and then it hardens with the heat and damages your printer.

Now you mentioned that you are able to print closer to the edge from other programs. In that case

1)Make sure you have the correct driver for the printer selected. The n click print > setup > advanced and look over those settings ( I can't tell you what setting to look for cause it is different with every printer, and I don't have yours).

2)I would recommend printing your InDesign document to a PDF file, and printing that from Acrobat.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]