FORUMS: list search recent posts

Printing Centered?

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Lupetti
Printing Centered?
on Dec 3, 2007 at 7:00:25 pm

Hello,

I am printing posters that are 24 inches wide by 36 inches high. These are designed in Adobe In Design CS3. After I print they won't print perfectly centered on to the HP Design Jet 5500PS printer. The top and left of the posters have much more empty space then the right and bottom section.

What should I do in order to get this poster to print perfectly centered? I even tried Center off of the Mac printing options but it didn't work.

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Thumbslinger
Re: Printing Centered?
on Dec 6, 2007 at 7:27:46 pm

We have the same set-up but it seems to work. Are you sure under the Setup options within InDesign's print and then page positions in the bottom under Options has been set to centered?

If that isn't working you might have to rotate the page.

Since you can only print a width of 36" (and it's more safe to go 35") you might need to make the document bigger and then float the artwork so that the document edges fake out the HP.

The humidity here has caused our HP to start turning the paper so we've dropped down to 7mil glossy paper and outdoor cling material.

I just mention that because we've heard once the HP starts turning the paper as it comes out, you can't really fix that so that might happen someday.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]