FORUMS: list search recent posts

In design

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
imaginaimagen
In design
on Aug 31, 2007 at 2:30:07 pm

Hello I need help with "swatches" in Indesign. I need to replace a swatch color that I have used in a 70 pages document.Usually I could replace colors for others taking them to the trash can and then selecting the color I want to replace with. But there is one color I cannot do this cause when I have this color selected I cannot take it to the trash can (the trash icon is washed out). Why can I delete some swatches but not others in the palette of colors?

I

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: In design
on Sep 20, 2007 at 6:50:00 pm

From the swatches flyout menu do a select all unused, and then delete these for now.

You may notice some swatches were not selected, that is because they might be used by a placed graphic, or in a style sheet.

People often in adobe illustrator may leave a stray point that is specified in a color. I would do a save as on your document, then begin deleting graphics till you find the culprit.

InDesign will allow you to delete swatches taht are utilized within InDesign and replace them, but is not able to tell other programs to trade swatches.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]