FORUMS: list search recent posts

URL Hyperlink

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
LESA IT
URL Hyperlink
on Aug 13, 2007 at 4:37:24 pm

I have an InDesign newsletter that I convert to PDF. The newsletter contains two different hyperlinks to outside websites. The first link works flawlessly. The second, not so much. The second link appears to be formatted correctly. The URL is typed correctly. When the user clicks the link, ".be" is added to the URL, so the user is then misdirected. Where is this ".be" coming from and how to I get rid of it? I THINK the first time I clicked the link, it brought me to the correct page. If that is true, it has ceased to function properly ever since... I've deleted and re-entered the URL, re-created the second hyperlink, restarted InDesign, rebooted the machine, etc... I've even created a third hyperlink (for testing) and had it work correctly... Help!

Return to posts index

thumbslinger
Re: URL Hyperlink
on Aug 24, 2007 at 1:54:51 am

What I've discovered is that it's much easier and on-the-money to set the links from within Acrobat rather then inside the InDesign file.

It can certainly be done, but it sounds as if some cache file has been saved initially. Or, maybe there is a typo?

Regardless, have you looked at the hyperlinks palette to ensure you've deleted the url in question?

I'd try saving down to an older version of pdf if you don't have any other interactivity, then setting the links in Acrobat.

At least that will solve the problem...but the issue of the '.be' is still at large!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]