FORUMS: list search recent posts

Indesign printing problems

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcowcow
CindaLou
Indesign printing problems
on May 28, 2007 at 4:17:25 pm

Weeks trying to find help for publisher. He has new Konita Monita Digital printer 6500 post script 3 printer. Two reps from printer company called and one complained about Adobe software. We are in remote area where another publisher would be two half hours drive.

Problem: Just like in all posts. Boxes or the boxes disappear but changes the colors. Adobe experts in Indeign says cannot print transparencies and spot colors so they had me change all the spot colors to process and then save Adobe pdf engine.

The two floral books print but all colors are wrong. Pink changes to peach, blue to lavender. Adobe will not work with a publisher unles they have been approved. Offered to pay their $1000 but they still refused.

Is there a place to find step by step for the publisher?

Return to posts index

Jacki in Atlanta
Re: Indesign printing problems
on Jul 2, 2007 at 10:22:36 pm

I had something similar and came across this...

http://indesignsecrets.com/eliminating-the-white-box-effect.php

Turned out that mine was corruption of clipping paths on graphics. They were not saved or exported properly by original designer. Yours sounds more like what is in link above.

Return to posts index

CindaLou
Re: Indesign printing problems
on Jul 3, 2007 at 1:39:48 am

Well, I ended up taking my books to three publishers. The publisher who knew how to handle indesign files printed the first proofs exactly as I created them. Perfect. And they are who I will use. It all boils down to the fact that the software is so new, the publishers have not had time or help to catch up. Believe me, one of the publishers that could not easily work with the files is one of the largest publishers in Wichita, Kansas. There was nothing wrong with my files, but they said the technology was so new, they had to work with it awhile and the little publisher locally just had no way of printing because of the fact the printer company Konolta Minolta just could not help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]