FORUMS: list search recent posts

white box effect

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacki in Atlanta
white box effect
on May 25, 2007 at 1:01:37 pm

I posted my issue in the Illustrator forum, but have found in my research that what is happening is the "white box effect". When I make pdf's some ai eps's have a white box behind them.

Some fixes I've found include:
Viewing the pdf in Overprint Preview and with Enable display trim, bleed boxes.
Using pdf/x export settings.
Turning off spot colors in ink manager.
Checking "Simulate Overprint" in output settings.

No change.

My reading says this is a common issue?

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: white box effect
on May 25, 2007 at 6:01:59 pm

Check out this link
http://indesignsecrets.com/eliminating-the-white-box-effect.php

You can also try using the print command and choose the PDF driver. I get much smaller PDFs for emailing that way, than using InDesign to make PDFs.

Are tyou on mac or PC, as there are a couple of settings you chaneg for example by right clicking on the PDF Print Driver choose ing properties/general tab/printing preferences

Return to posts index

Jacki in Atlanta
on May 25, 2007 at 6:19:18 pm

Thanks Mike!

Been there, done that with that link. Went down the list. I'm not doing something right...I have both printed and exported to pdf.

When they give these preferences {Viewing the pdf in Overprint Preview and with Enable display trim, bleed boxes}, when are you to set them? After the pdf is created?

Return to posts index

Jacki in Atlanta
on Jul 2, 2007 at 10:33:06 pm

As I mentioned in another post, this turned out to be corruption of clipping paths. The original designer saved or exported linked images incorrectly. They resaved thir files and it works.

Return to posts index

Jennifer82
on Aug 13, 2007 at 1:44:28 pm

I am having a similar problem, do you know how the designers resaved the files so they worked?

Thanks,
Jennifer

Return to posts index

Jacki in Atlanta
on Aug 13, 2007 at 9:41:13 pm

They said the clipping paths were missing from the files they sent me after I had inquired, did not know why, and resaved with the paths. Sorry, don't know how. I know an eps usually had a reddish icon in the folder list and this one had purple instead when it was wrong, if anyone knows what that means.

FYI, it was confusing because the "white boxes" were not all around in a big shape like you would think if a clipping path was gone. It was a smaller white box more to one side like this white box effect illustration on that link.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]