FORUMS: list search recent posts

How Can I Create a Template for My Client to Use?

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thisisthepope
How Can I Create a Template for My Client to Use?
on Mar 17, 2007 at 3:40:21 am

Hello everyone,

I'm a professional graphic designer but this has got me properly stumped. I'm sick of creating templates for the invoices and estimates that my clients continually abuse. Is there any way I can export the layout for say an invoice, but create editable fields where the client can go in and replace my placeholder text with their own? That way I can set the margins and fonts of headlines and text boxes and have them stick to it...

I'm assuming there's some way I can export my InDesign template as an editable PDF file (thus alleviating any cross-platform issues with fonts and whatnot), but haven't a clue how. Any ideas anyone?

thx

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: How Can I Create a Template for My Client to Use?
on Mar 19, 2007 at 3:10:01 pm

I do my invoices as a PDF, and use the javascript calculations to total my hours and dollar amounts. I then save the PDF and lock it if necessary so they don't change anything and email it to them. My clients like this better than the traditional mail an invoice or faxing, cause it is quicker, and easier for them to archive my invoices.

You situation sounds a little different as it appears your clients have the need to edit your invoices. Your clients could open you pdf template and even with reader fill in the fields. Teh problem is that they will atelast need Acrobat standrad to save the PDf or else all they can do is print it out, and the PDF will not save the information typed in the fields. I have been hoping for years that Adobe woudl allow to save a pdf with reader, as sometimes I downlaod an invoice form my ftp and fill it out at the clients site. Most of my design clients have acrobat, but the computer repairs I get often don't and that is a pain.

What is it that your cleitns edit on your invoices, do they fill out your hours?

Return to posts index

thumbslinger
Re: How Can I Create a Template for My Client to Use?
on May 23, 2007 at 2:50:39 pm

Also, have a look at blinksale.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]