FORUMS: list search recent posts

Table border strokes

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
beatles
Table border strokes
on Jan 19, 2007 at 2:29:29 am

I formatted my table border strokes in a color. I now need to return to the table and find out exactly what color I used for the strokes, but when I highlight a cell, the format stroke box only allows me to make a new edit, it does not show what color the current highlighted cell is. Is there a way to find this out? thx

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Table border strokes
on Jan 19, 2007 at 8:26:43 pm

Put your cursor inside a cell and drag to select atleast 1 cell you wish to check your stroke/color.
Right click and choose
cell options >> strokes and fills

Unfortunately InDesign does not allow you to change the stroke color of a table cell in the stroke palete, since they allow you to chaneg the gap color.

Would also be a good feature if InDesign would allow you to hide your selection when formatting tables so you could see your actual fill color without it being reversed out to abother color.

Return to posts index

Ekwoman
on Jan 20, 2007 at 12:42:20 am

On the subject of seeing the changes being made when formatting tables (instead of seeing everything in reverse color): I use the tiling method. Create a new occurence of the document (Window > Arrange > New Window), then choose Window > Arrange > Tile to see the two windows side by side. Make sure you don't have any other documents open by the way...or you'll see ALL of the open windows side by side. Choose one of the documents to select your table and make adjustments...the results will show in the other document window. The nice thing is, you can have each window set at a different magnification!

Erica Gamet
Digital Dimensions
http://www.digi-wizard.com/learn
"...for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Jan 22, 2007 at 7:59:28 pm

Thanks that is a better solution.

Still hoping that they will allow you to hide(Comand H) as in Photohsop, which makes formatting type easier.

Return to posts index

beatles
on Jan 23, 2007 at 1:55:30 am

Thanks very much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]