FORUMS: list search recent posts

Applying changes to all tables in a document...

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
foonshoe
Applying changes to all tables in a document...
on Nov 3, 2006 at 9:29:59 pm

Is there a way that I can, say, change the stroke width and color of a table's border, rows, and columns and then apply it to all of the tables within that document?

Gosh, I hope so... manually editing each and every one is going to take FOREVER!

Thanks!

- The Foonshoe

Return to posts index

foonshoe
Re: Applying changes to all tables in a document...
on Nov 3, 2006 at 9:59:10 pm

Oh, and FYI... the tables are part of placed InCopy files. So maybe the better question would be: can I apply table edits to all tables within an InCopy document?

- The Foonshoe

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Nov 6, 2006 at 4:29:04 pm

Unfortunetly there are no table style or a plug in that I know of to do this. Would be nice if the eyedropper could pick up a table style, adn if atleast then all you had to do was apply paragraph styles to the type.

All you can do is copy your formatted table, paste this, and then paste the data over this. Sorry. Good idea for CS3.

Return to posts index

foonshoe
on Nov 6, 2006 at 4:51:35 pm

Thanks for getting back to me. What would be the best way to submit this to Adobe as an enhancement consideration?

- The Foonshoe

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Nov 6, 2006 at 7:11:04 pm

http://www.adobe.com/support/feature.html

Return to posts index

foonshoe
on Nov 6, 2006 at 9:40:01 pm

Thanks! I submitted the suggestion...

::fingers crossed::

- The Foonshoe

Return to posts index

Ekwoman
on Nov 7, 2006 at 3:59:17 pm

SmartStyles from Woodwing Software will do the trick (woodwing.com). Once you style one table, save it as a style, much like an item in an Object Library. Simply drag that "library" style on an existing (or newly-created) table and the styling will be applied. This product is cool especially if you have imported table info (say, from Excel) and you keep the Excel file linked to the placement in InDesign...when the Excel file is updated, you lose table styling...just re-apply the style with SmartStyles and you're done!

Hope that helps some.

Erica Gamet
Digital Dimensions
http://www.digi-wizard.com/learn
"...for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Return to posts index

foonshoe
on Nov 7, 2006 at 4:18:19 pm

Yes, I've looked into that plug-in, and sadly, it does not work when the tables in the InDesign document were created in InCopy and placed in the indd file. So yeah, placed, checked-out InCopy tables are not supported by Smart Styles.

::goes back to manually editing the next table, out of about 300, in the document::

:(

- The Foonshoe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]