FORUMS: list search recent posts

text box stroke remove

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thoward
text box stroke remove
on Sep 28, 2006 at 1:19:20 pm

text and image frame are printing a single pixel box outline, only on a 5 out of 14 boxes that are all set to basic graphics frame or none, 0pt, with inDesign CS2 (not visible)....these tiny lines print from the exported PDF standard or high res.

They do not print from the indd file. What is up with that?

Return to posts index

Ekwoman
Re: text box stroke remove
on Sep 28, 2006 at 2:18:16 pm

Chances are these are just artifacts of creating the PDF...do they print when outputting from the PDF? I think there's a setting in Acrobat that will get rid of those...I've had these show up in PDFs onscreen but they don't actually print. Let us know if the problem goes away with printing.

Erica Gamet
Digital Dimensions
http://www.digi-wizard.com/learn
"...for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Return to posts index

thoward
on Sep 28, 2006 at 2:56:49 pm

exactly the opposite...the lines are not visible on screen as inDesign or the exported PDF but only when printing from the exported PDF.

Return to posts index

JonnoB
on Oct 16, 2006 at 4:44:28 am

Hi thoward,

I belive this occurs due to the version of transparency flattening when exporting the PDF from InDesign. It should not be harmful to the final print output of the PDF and should disappear once the Printer has refined the PDF for their processing. This occurs in the flattening of Acrobat 4 version 1.3 PDF's (which is the standard in PDF/x -3:2002) from InDesign but not in Acrobat 5 version 1.4, so probably best to see if your printer will accept 1.4 version PDF's and just use that setting. But like I said before it shouldn't be aproblem for final output.

Hope this helps

JonnoB

Return to posts index

toys4boys
on Dec 14, 2006 at 3:13:00 am

JonnoB,

Thanks for the tip. Saved me hours of frustrating, hair-pulling troubleshooting.

Toys4Boys

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]