FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot open file?

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
RunesS
Cannot open file?
on Sep 20, 2006 at 3:16:39 pm

Hello everyone, i have a big problem, so i hope you can help me!

I'm doing a DVD Cover, in InDesign, so i surf around the web serching for templates, and find one. I'm quite excited, because iv'e been looking everywhere for a template!

Then i open it and then inDesign pops up with a info box called: "Cannot open file", then it sais "Content manager". Under that they writes:
"Cannot open DVD Cover_tryk.indd". Please upgrade your plug-ins to their latest versions, or upgrade to the latest version of Adobe InDesign."

Iv'e tried searching for updates, and it didn't find any! And i don't want to upgrade software!! Quit expensive!

Is there anything i can do? Iv'e had this problem before, and it is quit annoying!

So do you guys maybe know some plugins, that solves teh problem, or a way to update. I just clicked Help -> Updates, and it said no updates, but there must be some way to solve this!

Thanks in advance!

Best regards Rune B

Best regards

Return to posts index

David Hamuel
Re: Cannot open file?
on Sep 20, 2006 at 11:49:03 pm

> I'm doing a DVD Cover, in InDesign...

Version?

> Is there anything i can do?

Did you try Adobe.com?

-----------------

Your Ultimate Source

Return to posts index

RunesS
on Sep 21, 2006 at 9:02:40 pm

Hello!

I use InDesign CS...

I have tried Adobe.com, but their plug in, only opens cs2 files if they are exportet in *.inx

Best regards Rune B

Return to posts index

B.J. Ahlen
on Sep 22, 2006 at 3:35:09 pm

If you don't have somebody nearby with CS2, e-mail the CS2 .indd file to me at bja7777 (at) yahoo (dot) com.

I'll convert it to a .inx file you can open in InDesign CS (assuming you have the free Adobe plug-in for this).

Return to posts index

Ekwoman
on Sep 24, 2006 at 5:40:16 pm

Did the .inx file work for you? If you have InDesign CS and want to open a .inx file, you don't need a plug-in, but you do need to have the right version of CS. It needs to be 3.0.1 April 2005 CS2 compatibility update. If you don't know if you have that version (since on the surface it will say just 3.0.1 and you might not actually have the 2005 update) do this: hold down the Command key (on Mac, ctrl on PC) and choose About InDesign from the InDesign menu. The full version should read: CS 3.0.1 (838). If you don't have the (838), download the compatibility update from adobe. Hope that helps...

Erica Gamet
Digital Dimensions
http://www.digi-wizard.com/learn
"...for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]