FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapping

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
It's All Gone Postscript
Trapping
on Aug 25, 2006 at 10:17:11 am

Could someone tell me the difference in the way I can add trapping from Quark. I am a bit puzzled as do I have to set the default settings or is it automatic. Sorry to sound a bit lost but as you can imagine it is quite important and I am getting quite frustrated with it.

Many Thanks

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Trapping
on Aug 29, 2006 at 7:10:50 pm

Not sure what your question is asking. If you are looking for how to trap in InDesign in comparison to Quark you will want to pay attention to these options:

edit >> preferences >> appearance of black
window >> attributes
window >> output >> trap presets

to preview your results
window >> output >> sperations

Return to posts index

It's All Gone Postscript
on Aug 30, 2006 at 7:53:20 am

Sorry Mike,
I have not made myself very clear, my problem is how to achieve the same trapping info in Indesign as in Quark. I am not sure how to attribute the settings to a document, is it done automatically or do I have to set up the settings and then apply them.

Just a bit confused as a new switcher.

Return to posts index

Thumbslinger
on Sep 5, 2006 at 3:58:46 am

I still set up basic trappings in Illustrator for vector artwork which InDesign respects until the printer overrides the settings. :-)

But, for anything actually done inside InDesign, I don't even concern myself except for watching where ink totals might get past 220% because of various items overlapping.

I've never even bothered to try and override or find out how because most of the precise matters are taken care of by the RIP at the printers or pre-press department anyway.

Plus, the general choke and spread that is utilized today in the major programs normally provides ample trap.

I guess if you're getting into mixing inks and a wide color palette, perhaps you can copy/paste the pieces into Illustrator and set it all there?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]