FORUMS: list search recent posts

Distribute evenly + rounded/square block

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
SiMarsh
Distribute evenly + rounded/square block
on Aug 15, 2006 at 1:15:12 pm

Hi there, I just have a couple of small questions if someone could possibly help.

Basically how do I distribute items with equal space in InDesign CS?
ie I have a row of 5 small square images from one side of the page to the other that I would like to have an equal ammount of space in between each image.

Also, my other question is if I have a rectangle shape with rounded corners, how do I alter just one side of it so that I keep one side with rounded edges but have square edges at the other side? In Quark I used to just alter the paths on the edges to do this but I dont seem to do be able to do the same in ID?

Many thanks in advance for any help with this

Simon

Return to posts index

Ekwoman
Re: Distribute evenly + rounded/square block
on Aug 15, 2006 at 4:33:10 pm

As far as spacing goes, you'll want to use the Align palette (make sure you choose Show Options from the palette flyout menu...it's not on by default). Select all the objects and choose Distribute Spacing and choose Vertical or Horizontal Space (the little icons). That will evenly distribute the space. If there's a certain measurement like .25 inch (or cm, mm, whatever) that you want between each, check the Use Spacing box and enter the amount...then click one of the Distribute Spacing options.

For doing individual rounded corners, I use the script called CornerEffects.js. I believe that came with the extra scripts on the InDesign disk (if not, just do a google search). Just create the rectangle, select it, double-click on the CornerEffects script and it will ask you what type of corner, offset amount, and what pattern you'd like: pick first, second, third, etc. point to get the one you want.

Hope that helps!

Erica Gamet
Digital Dimensions
http://www.digi-wizard.com/learn
"...for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Return to posts index

SiMarsh
on Aug 16, 2006 at 10:37:27 am

Hi Erica, thankyou v much. This has helped me loads :)

I didnt have the CornerEffects script so have just downloaded it
from the Adobe Studio Exchange and it works a treat.

Thanks again

Simon

Return to posts index

Ekwoman
on Aug 16, 2006 at 5:36:04 pm

Yeah...no worries...I just recently stumbled across that one, myself! I used to create a rectangle with rounded corners, switch to the Direct Selection tool, then delete points and convert the smooth point to a sharp corner point. Great timesaver!!!

Erica Gamet
Digital Dimensions
http://www.digi-wizard.com/learn
"...for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]