FORUMS: list search recent posts

is it possible to extract pages in indesign?

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
privy007
is it possible to extract pages in indesign?
on Jul 26, 2006 at 1:05:40 am

i need to extract pages in indesign the same way it is possible to separate pages in quark with the scslinx extension? does anyone know if it is possible to do this in indesign?
thank you

Return to posts index

JonnoB
Re: is it possible to extract pages in indesign?
on Jul 28, 2006 at 5:21:21 am

Hi Privvy007,

In answer to your question, yes you can do this. However you will have to follow these steps:

1. Select all of the elements on the page you wish to extract.
2. Using the selection tool, drag all these elements (picture frames, text frames etc) as one selection to your desktop ( bare with me I'm going somewhere with this)
3. There should now be a new file on your desktop with the extension .inds, this is a Indesign Snippet file.
4. Create a new document in InDesign to the specs you need (should be the same as the file you are extracting from).
5. Drag the ".inds" file from your desktop to the new page you have created.

This will now place those same elements onto your new page. Now your probably asking why did'nt I just copy and paste... well the beauty if snippets is that you can drag single pages or a spread using the same action and use at your convenience. Only downside is that Indesign will only allow you to select multiple elements from the same spread, you cannot select a series of elements across multiple spreads (hopefully they will have fixed this in CS3).

Cheers, hope this helps

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: is it possible to extract pages in indesign?
on Jul 31, 2006 at 3:55:56 pm

You can drag copy from one document to another.

Open the document you want to copy from.
Create a new document.
Select the pages from you original in you pages palette you wish to extract.
Drag these pages top the new document.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]