FORUMS: list search recent posts

Struggling from PageMaker!

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenn Woiler
Struggling from PageMaker!
on May 18, 2006 at 6:46:25 pm

Can someone tell me how to make an object "non-printing"? This was fairly easy in PageMaker. But I am loosing it... trying to figure out what InDesign might call it and where it is found. A graphic artist here has never used that feature even though she is really good at what she does. So.... How can I make a line, or circle that I have created... visible but it won't print?

thanks... I know it must be simple... but I am being forced to move over to this new program. :)
Glenn

Return to posts index

Alex Salerno
Re: Struggling from PageMaker!
on May 19, 2006 at 1:23:34 am

From the WIndows Menu select the Attributes pallett, then select "non-printing".

Note: such non-printing objects will not appear on screen in the preview mode.

Return to posts index

Glenn Woiler
on May 24, 2006 at 5:16:20 pm

Thanks... that worked. Now... how to get a drop shadow on text? I see how to do it to an object... but not text??? ahhhh

Return to posts index

Alex Salerno
on May 24, 2006 at 5:29:50 pm

Select the text box with the selection tool (NOT the Direct Selection Tool). Make sure the text box doe NOT have a fill assigned to it. Then (I use the object contextual menus) control-click (or right-click on PC) the text box and select Drop Shadow, etc.

The trick is to have no fill assigned to the box/frame.

Return to posts index

Glenn Woiler
on May 24, 2006 at 8:24:39 pm

Thanks. I use PM 6.5 at home on a PC and PM 7.0 at work on a MAC but OS 9.x is a pain to use from OS X so they want me to get with it on InDesign. Lots of familiar things but other things are wierd. Thanks again. Glenn

Return to posts index

Alex Salerno
on May 25, 2006 at 1:46:59 am

I am a Quark 6.5 convert who will not be upgrading to Quark7!

Return to posts index

Glenn Woiler
on May 31, 2006 at 6:31:59 pm

Quark... hmmm... I have not used that since the mid 90's when we were testing Quark and pageMaker because we wanted to move away from... VENTURA!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]