FORUMS: list search recent posts

ICC Convert in InDesign

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bilart
ICC Convert in InDesign
on May 15, 2006 at 4:11:09 pm

I have a situation: layout created in Indesign CS2, linked pictures (CMYK TIFFs without any ICC profile embedded/attached) text etc. I have to send it through proofing software. The publication requires special ICC profile to be embedded into pictures. I could do it in Photoshop, embed the profile, save it with the profile and that's it. But, I will use this images for many different publications and I don't want to save separate copy on an image for each ICC profile. And I am talking about couple of hundreds images to be send to about 10 different publications, each publication requires different ICC profile - you do the math.
I was trying to convert/embed layout in InDesign (Edit>Convert to profile>....)
I thought it would do but I was wrong. Each time I am sending PDF I have a fault for the same reason (Images do not match with the destination profile). Is this feature, attaching/embedding ICC profile, in InDesing really converts bitmaps or it just works for certain device output.

Helpdesks in publications tell me to convert every bitmap in photoshop etc. BUt you understand time consuming and server space problem. I know i can batch process it but I find this as a "half solution'

Please guys, any help appreciated.

Artur

Return to posts index

Alex Salerno
Re: ICC Convert in InDesign
on May 17, 2006 at 9:54:47 am

Have you tried to tag the image in InDesign by right-clicking (control-clicking) the image(s) and selecting from the contextual menu "Graphics" > "Image Color Settings..." and then assigning (not converting) a new ICC profile??

Alex

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]