drop shadow with text-frames

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcowcow
dondigital
drop shadow with text-frames
on May 3, 2006 at 6:15:32 pm

Hi all,

in InDesign CS2 I have a multilayered document. On a spread across both pages I have a text-frame
containing a table. Some of the cells are filled with colors via the cell options box. Once I select the
whole text-frame and I apply a drop shadow, all colors in the table/text-frame get a sort of blackish
tint - the colors are not as vivid as before.
I tried to create a new object below the table text-box and alson on a different layer below, drew a new
shape of the text-frame size and applied the drop shadow to this instead - no success either, same result.

What am I missing here??? Sigh... Any hints pointing in the right direction greatly appreciated. Many thanks
in advance. Cheers

Frank

Return to posts index

cow
thumbslinger
Re: drop shadow with text-frames
on May 3, 2006 at 6:56:04 pm

Sounds like the drop shadow is being applied everywhere. Make sure you select the entire text frame, take off the drop shadow. Then, create a new frame the same size and fill it with white (unless the spread has a different color..or if you have photos or such then leave it blank) and apply the drop shadow to the new frame.

Sometimes, I've noticed that when a drop shadow is applied to a table, each cell retains a shadow even when taking it off so I've had to select the entire thing twice and remove the drop shadow.

There might something else going on, but from the sound of it, the drop shadow must be getting applied to the cells them selves and the amount of blur is probably affecting the colors.

Return to posts index

dondigital
on May 3, 2006 at 8:01:45 pm

Don't get it to work. As soon as a drop shadow is applied, the color gets darker/dirty - it doesn't matter if it's on the
same layer, another layer beneath or whatever. The actual table does not have anything applied, I removed everything.

What makes my head crack is why it doesn't work on a separat layer/frame underneath - I simply don't get it...

Return to posts index

dondigital
on May 4, 2006 at 11:18:52 am

I think I managed to solve it: I swapped settings edit/transparency blend space/document RGB (it was set to CMYK
before). Now I do have the chequer board pattern in the pages palette icons, telling me that there is transparency.

Applying drop shadow to the table directly works fine, it does not interfere with colors on the page. Pffeeeeew.
Thanks to everyone who took time trying to help...

Frank

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]