InDesign CS2 text-wrap

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dondigital
InDesign CS2 text-wrap
on May 2, 2006 at 2:35:19 pm

Hello there,

quick tought to InDesigns text wrap capabilities: it's working with Photoshop
paths - but what if you would want to wrap around an Illustrator shape/path?

I think it's not straight forward possible. Any thoughts very welcome. Many
thanks in advance.

Cheerio

Frank

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
Re: InDesign CS2 text-wrap
on May 2, 2006 at 9:40:57 pm

Kathlyn and I have to run to see a stageplay in an hour or two but when I get back, I will lay out a graphic showing how it works. If I haven't posted it in the next 24 hours, please rattle the bars of my cage as I get really busy.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom
ron@creativecow.net

Return to posts index

Ekwoman
on Jun 21, 2006 at 3:17:51 am

Better late than never! If you use the Place command to bring in the Illustrator graphic, then select the graphic with the Direct Selection (hollow arrow) tool, and choose "Wrap Around Object Shape" in the Text Wrap palette, and under Contour Options Type: choose Detect Edges. Alternately, you can choose the graphic with the Direct Selection tool, create a clipping path for it (Object>Clipping Path), then in the Text Wrap palette choose Same as Clipping. I like the latter option better, since the Clipping Path dialog gives you lots of control over the resulting path.

If you have used cut and paste to get the object into InDesign, still select the object with the Direct Selection tool, and choose "Wrap Around Object Shape." You don't have as much control with this option, but it works fine. The upshot of this method is that you can manipulate the shape of your object as you need. In either case, you can also manipulate the resulting path that Text Wrap creates. Good luck!

Return to posts index

dondigital
on Jun 21, 2006 at 7:28:48 am

Hi there,

your first line made me smile this morning, considering Ron's empty promise and the date posted of the whole thread. Many
thanks for answering that one, it is much appreciated. I took a note of it and in a quite moment I will give it a shot for next
time, when I need to use it. Many thanks again.

All the best

Frank

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
on Jun 21, 2006 at 12:33:16 pm

My apologies but I work from about 4am to 10pm most days and have a few million pageviews a month to deal with, a bunch of free tutorials to get up for everybody, a newsletter to produce and a free magazine to edit and design for about 30,000 people.

Oh, did I mention that it's all free? And that I do MOST of it by myself?

Sorry if I let you down.

Sheesh.

Get a life.

Ron Lindeboom
(who sometimes loses track of things in the daily avalanche of a million things to do)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]