FORUMS: list search recent posts

Learning InDesign in the fire of making the first edition of Creative Cow Magazine...

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Lindeboom
Learning InDesign in the fire of making the first edition of Creative Cow Magazine...
on Apr 14, 2006 at 3:02:37 pm

Well, the first issue of Creative Cow Magazine is done and mailed. It was quite a learning experience to take on a program of this complexity that I'd never used before -- except to doink around in at the most rudimentary level -- and build a magazine single-handed. But it's done and it worked like a champ.

The integration of InDesign with Photoshop and Illustrator is simply breathtaking in my opinion. The printer that I worked with tried to talk me out of using InDesign in favor of using Quark -- they use both and know both but recommend Quark -- but when they saw the degree of Photoshop and Illustrator work in my layout, they relented and said that InDesign was by far the best way to go, "...even if it is buggy," they added.

I had a few bugs bite me but nothing too bad. Oh, it was irritating the two or three times that I clicked on the font pulldown to change a font and the thing crashed. But other than that, it was rock solid.

It's really funny that I learned a lot of high level functions but in the rush to learn things, I still have to go back and learn some of the little niceties that will give me some of the default settings that I want. ;o)

How would I rate InDesign CS 2 after having used it in the fire of an actual production from scratch with a total newbie at the helm? I'd give it 4-1/2 Cows. It was quite an amazing program and a real delight to use.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom
creativecow.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]