FORUMS: list search recent posts

Indesign borders?

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Connie Solon
Indesign borders?
on Feb 21, 2006 at 3:27:23 pm

Does anyone know how to get more borders in InDesign. We now use Quark Fraemz and are making the move to Indesign CS2. I know you can edit strokes in dots, stripes, and dashes. We do nespaper ads in large quantity and need to have quick access to scalable borders. Using Illustrator is not a choice for us since the ad could run as a vertical and a horizontal. I also know that you can use a font and put type on a path to create a border but this is not user friendly. Any ideas, are there any 3rd party companies?

Thanks,
Connie Solon
Lancaster Newspaper

Return to posts index

thumbslinger
Re: Indesign borders?
on Feb 21, 2006 at 8:39:24 pm

Not sure why you can't use Illustrator. Being vecor, the frames are easily resized.

But, how about alotting one hour to create as many frames as you can (two versions 1 hor and 1 vert of a half-page or 1/4 size) in Illustator, expand/turn to outlines all elements then select all copy and paste into a new InDesign document and then save that InDesign doc as a Library.

Then, that can be opened and you can pull whatever frame you've already created.

I'll look into manipulating the defaults.

We do four monthly pubs and on is chock-full (unfortunately !) of client-created ad with terrible borders. We normally crop those out and keep all borders basic and clean to help unify the cacophony of a "Rodeo Circus" amongst horrendous bright yellow, red and cyan 'spot' color ads.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]