FORUMS: list search recent posts

Overwrite Default Workspace Settings

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bilart
Overwrite Default Workspace Settings
on Feb 6, 2006 at 2:04:00 pm

Hi all,
Can anybody share information how to overwrite defaul settings for the workspace. I kow you can create your custom settings and choose it later. I could overwrite PDF, New Documents, etc. but I cannot find the way to tweak workspaces. Any ideas, guys?

Thanks
Artur.

Return to posts index

Ekwoman
Re: Overwrite Default Workspace Settings
on Feb 18, 2006 at 12:51:34 am

The default is not changeable...at least not through the user interface. I'm sure there's some way to hack it. The workspace is an .xml file kept in your Library folder. Out of curiosity, why change the default? Once you create a workspace and select it, that will be the workspace that appears.

Return to posts index

bilart
on Feb 19, 2006 at 11:40:43 am

Unfortunately I work with bunch of 'muppets' and explaining that custom workspaces you can load at any time, save for later modify etc, doesn't work. Every time something happens (and happens very often, belive me I don't know how they are doing it), reseting to default workspace, I have to change and explain to each one of them, Unfortunately I am responsible for smooth transition from Quark otherwise they wouldn't even consider using InDesign. Their way is why "why learn something different, Quark is still good and everyone knows how to use it, blah, blah, blah" That's why I wanted to create Default working set and have this problem off my shoulders.

I think I'll create my custom workspace, open it later in Text Edit or whatever else and paste the content over to Default.xml.

Thanks
Artur

Return to posts index

bilart
on Feb 19, 2006 at 12:30:43 pm

it worked. I've copied over content of my custom workspace into the default one and I am all set, using Text Edit (simple as that - thanks)

Artur

Return to posts index

thumbslinger
on Feb 19, 2006 at 3:51:29 pm

That's a great find!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]