FORUMS: list search recent posts

IS there such a thing as a RGB/CMYK reference chart?

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
FoxxieFrannie
IS there such a thing as a RGB/CMYK reference chart?
on Jan 17, 2006 at 3:01:24 am

SEriously, I'm in CS2 and I'm spending half an hour figuring out how to get gray!
Or, how do I change colour palettes? I'm sure there are preset palettes.
Thank you

Return to posts index

thumbslinger
Re: IS there such a thing as a RGB/CMYK reference chart?
on Jan 17, 2006 at 3:25:35 am

Gray is either just a percentage of Black or in RGB three of the same number with the lower numbers being darker.

So, R=134, G=134, B=134 will give you a gray.

255,255,255 equals white and 0,0,0 equals black. It's just like web design.

Return to posts index

dom_EESB
on Jan 24, 2006 at 3:52:32 pm

InDesign will export RGB or CMYK depending on what you need and what you tell it.

However, when choosing your colour for a fill or gradient, look at the colour picker. See what slider bars it has. In the top-right of this palette should be a small circular button with a little arrow pointing right. From here you shou;ld be able to choose from Grey (or black? can't remember), RGB, CMYK, LAB etc. Pick which one you need.

Dominic Osborne

---------------

Director & Head of Visuals

Eight Eyed Sea Bass Ltd

http://www.eighteyedseabass.com

Return to posts index

Ekwoman
on Feb 18, 2006 at 12:57:22 am

Are you just trying to find a nice grey to print CMYK? If you Shift+Click on the color spectrum in the colors palette, you will switch between CMYK, RGB, and L*A*B. If you're tired of mixing colors, go to your Swatches palette, choose New, select Pantone as your Swatch library and choose a nice grey from there. Just be sure to tell InDesign to print as process (either in the Swatches palette or when outputting in the Ink Manager). If you choose a Pantone (from the Process book) you'll know what the color will actually look like, instead of relying on your screen to portray color accurately.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]