InDesign Resolution Question

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PubDiva
InDesign Resolution Question
on Dec 24, 2005 at 4:08:59 am

Hello All!

I'm new to In Design and new here.

I'm exporting several In Design projects..some as jpegs and some as pdfs. How do I go about changing the resolution to 300 dpi? I know how to do this in photoshop...but can't seem to find any info on this in In Design.

For example I exported a document as jpeg and then opened it in photoshop and checked out the resolution and it was 72 dpi..is there anyway i can change that in InDesign?

Thanks!
Pub Diva

Return to posts index

thumbslinger
Re: InDesign Resolution Question
on Dec 24, 2005 at 3:20:15 pm

That's interesting...why whould you choose to export a jpeg? I tried with Maximum selected as image quality and still received 72 dpi as well.

My suggestion, unless there is some setting hidden somewhere in InDesignCS would be to export everything as a pre-set Print pdf and then simply set up an action in photoshop to batch process them all to save as a jpeg.

If anyone finds something, I'm sure they'll post here.

Return to posts index

bilart
Re: InDesign Resolution Question
on Feb 14, 2006 at 2:23:43 pm

Export to jpeg always gives you 72 dpi with the document size 100% (in InDesign). It's a quick way to 'screenshot' layouts for presentation, etc. and it is not a good quality. You've probably noticed the pixelated edges on the curves.
If you need good quality export PDF or EPS and later rasterize it in Photoshop to resolution you need.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]