FORUMS: list search recent posts

Change color in bitmap-files

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hallvard
Change color in bitmap-files
on Oct 28, 2005 at 3:14:41 pm

How do I easily change the colors in a bitmap-file in Indesign CS2?

My bitmap file is of a one colored logo, so I need to alter between black and white based on what is the background in my document.

In QuarkXPress it was very easy; I just chose the background to be transparent and the foreground to be black or white (whatever color I wanted).

Hallvard

Return to posts index

Ekwoman
Re: Change color in bitmap-files
on Nov 6, 2005 at 10:24:33 pm

If I understand correctly, you have a line art file (say from Photoshop) that you want to be able to make black or white in InD when you need it to switch...I assume so that you don't have to import different artwork each time (have a blac version and a white one). If you have a .psd file with a transparent background, place the .psd file directly in InD. Then, with the Direct selection tool, choose the graphic (when you first select a frame with the Direct Selection tool, you'll actually be selecting the path that makes up the frame...clicking a second time will select the graphic) and then choose a color from your swatches palette. The .psd can't be flattened, since flattening strips out any transparency that InD will need to show the background through your graphic. Hope that makes sense.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]