FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyboard Shortcuts While In Text Mode

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jak486
Keyboard Shortcuts While In Text Mode
on Oct 27, 2005 at 5:21:21 am

I'm sorry if this has already been answered before. I looked, but could not find it.

I use InDesign a lot, and I'm a compulsive user of keyboard shortcuts. It might sound stupid, but what trips up my rhythm more than anything else is when I've just edited the text in a frame, and my insertion point is still in the frame. If I want to select another tool, I can't -- it just types the letter at the insertion point. This isn't a huge problem, but sometimes I accidentally forget that I just typed a letter in the frame, and the project goes off to press after the final read-through with an extra v or a hidden somewhere in the text.

My question is, is there any keyboard shortcut to get out of text insertion mode, so that I can switch tools without reaching for the mouse? I'd think something like ESC would make sense, but it doesn't work. I've scoured the keyboard shortcuts help and dialog box, but to no avail. Thanks in advance for your help.

--Alex Komoroske

Return to posts index

Thumbslinger
Re: Keyboard Shortcuts While In Text Mode
on Oct 27, 2005 at 6:16:38 am

You can command click to get out of the text frame and then any of the normal keyshort cuts will work to select the tools..

Return to posts index

Ekwoman
Re: Keyboard Shortcuts While In Text Mode
on Nov 6, 2005 at 10:13:34 pm

You can also assign each tool a second (or new) keyboard shortcuts under Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts. Go to the tools dropdown menu and choose the tool you want to assign a new shortcut to. The default shortcut will be listed, but you can enter another one (I use the F keys) and choose Assign and then OK. Make sure the shortcut you assign does not say Assigned To any other key, first, though...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]