FORUMS: list search recent posts

designing CD

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laszlo Kovacs
designing CD
on Jul 5, 2005 at 8:19:59 pm

Hi!

Is there any preset to create a design for a CD? (I saw the preset "Compact Disc" but this is only the booklet.)

I need to create the inlay and the disk as well.

Any help would be appreciated

Laszlo
Life is too short to drink poor wine.

Return to posts index

thumbslinger
Re: designing CD
on Jul 5, 2005 at 11:34:49 pm

Not included with InDesignCS, I'm not sure about CS2. IllustratorCS has quite a few including a cd label. Do you have Illustrator CS?

Return to posts index

Laszlo Kovacs
on Jul 6, 2005 at 7:41:43 am

Yes, but haven't installed yet (I was a long time CorelDraw user... and yet more familiar with that.)

I'll check Illustrator.
BTW: there are a lot of free Quark templates on the Net. Is is possible to convert them to Indesign CS?

Thanks!

Laszlo

Return to posts index

Thumbslinger
on Jul 6, 2005 at 2:40:05 pm

if the templates are Quark version 3.3 or earlier than they could probably be converted as well as InDesign can.

I'm not sure how InDesignCS2 has changed with regard to versions of Quark that it imports, but InDesignCS can only take up to Quark 3.3.

Return to posts index

Laszlo Kovacs
on Jul 7, 2005 at 2:23:02 pm

Thanks very much!!!

Laszlo

Return to posts index

Ekwoman
on Jul 28, 2005 at 4:36:52 am

In regards to converting, InDesign CS can convert up to Quark 4.11...and I believe CS2 can convert through 5. If you have newer versions of files in Quark 6, you'll have to save to 5, open in 5 and save to 4. Kind of a pain, but if you've invested lots of time in those files (or found really cool templates) it might be worth it. Sometimes, it's easier to start with the elements of the templates (artwork, etc.) and recreate in InDesign. Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]