FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making text outlines

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dreq
Making text outlines
by
on Jul 5, 2005 at 10:18:10 am

I'm sorry if this has been disscussed before but i couldnt find any reference...
How can i make all text outlines in an indesign document that has lets say 300 pages? Other than page by page ofcourse... I work in prepress and a client just came with such a document. Thx in advance!
C ya

Return to posts index

thumbslinger
Re: Making text outlines
on Jul 5, 2005 at 11:33:01 pm

To make them all outlines you'd have to have the actual fonts. So, why would you want to make them outlines? Are you going to pdf? You can embed them all or just use the Flattener Transparency and set it to the left to raster the fonts.

Maybe if I knew why you needed outlines I could think of a better solution. That would baloon the size of your file tremendously.

Return to posts index

dreq
by
on Jul 6, 2005 at 10:19:06 am

Well the client came with the project on a laptop and there is chaos on his machine and i cant find the exact fonts that he used. So i thought to make it all outlines in order to transfer it to my g5. At last i used some fonts from his laptop and printed with them.. god helps now/.. :D. Now for my knowledge in the future i wonder if there is a way to make all the document fonts outlines at once.
PS1 How can i embed them?
PS2 I checked the flattener to raster the fonts but nothing happens.

C ya

Return to posts index

Thumbslinger
on Jul 6, 2005 at 2:38:22 pm

If he had the file in InDesignCS on his laptop, you can just Package (which is akin to Collect in Quark). That way you get all the fonts from his system for the transfer.

Embedding the fonts happens when you create a pdf. Choose "Print" from the Export to PDF presets. It has the embed function already checked.

Return to posts index

dreq
by
on Jul 6, 2005 at 2:47:41 pm

I got it. Thx for ur time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]