FORUMS: list search recent posts

Indesign open and save dialog box not visible

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Rehmus
Indesign open and save dialog box not visible
on Jun 17, 2005 at 4:06:38 pm

ID CS2 just started acting strange. When I attempt to use the open or save As or Export functions, the dialog box is not visible and ID just hangs waiting for user input.

I deleted the entire suite and reloaded. It worked until I shut ID down the first time and it is gone again. Same setup, different computer, different but identical CS2 does not have this problem.

Photoshop and other CS2 applications work OK.

There used to be a key combination in Photoshop that would cause it to open using defaults. Anybody have a cure or know the magic key combo so I can try it in ID?

Return to posts index

Mike Rehmus
Re: Indesign open and save dialog box not visible
on Jun 17, 2005 at 8:12:31 pm

I had to call Adobe support.

The problem is that the Version 4.0 files had been clobbered. To solve the problem, they had me rename the file folder called Version4.0 that is found under c:/documents and setting/michaelrehmus/application data/adobe/indesign/.

I renamed it 'old' brought ID back up and I could just see the Open box at the top of the screen. Up to the bottom of the file list box. I grabbed the lower right hand corner and it would only move sideways. When I let go, it dropped down and I could just grab onto the bottom of the top bar. Then I pulled the box to mid-screen, shut down ID, the restarted ID. The box is back on-screen.

The tech support person mentioned the 'hidden' issue. But since I could move a ID to Tthe other screen or reduce the size to hardly anything, that didn't appear to be the case.

Return to posts index

Sparkle101
Re: Indesign open and save dialog box not visible
on Aug 28, 2005 at 4:57:03 pm

Hi, I got the same problem. Here's what I did to fix it. Close ID. Open the registry editor by typing "regedit" in the "run" dialog box and hit OK (To open the "run" dialog box hit Start > Run). Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Adobe > InDesign > 4.0. Delete the two keys "Feature Set Locale Setting" and "User Interface Locale Setting". Start ID. Things should be back to normal.

Renaming the folder as mentioned earlier did not work for me.

Regards
Sven

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]