FORUMS: list search recent posts

cannot align to the page

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ameer
cannot align to the page
on Jun 5, 2005 at 6:37:41 am

hi, i just downloaded the tryout cs2 indesign version, when i make an object, and try to align the object with the page, nothing seems to happen, but if i select two objects and align them, its work perfetly fine. but when i want to center an object to the page, it does not work? is it a bug or am i missing something?
thanx. oh yes, i am a newbie to in design.

Return to posts index

thumbslinger
Re: cannot align to the page
on Jun 7, 2005 at 10:26:14 pm

How are you alinging to the page? Center, top edge, bottom edge etc.

The align palette, as with most of the palettes, is better to use then the pull down menus as there are more options.

Return to posts index

ameer
on Jun 8, 2005 at 8:32:35 am

yes, i do use the align pallete, but when i select an object and i want to align it to the right or left or where ever, it does not align. but when i select two object and align it, it does. i mean, i want to align a object to the page and that is what is not happening.

Return to posts index

ameer
on Jun 8, 2005 at 8:34:40 am

basically align to page is not working, but align to other objects is working.

Return to posts index

Thumbslinger
on Jun 15, 2005 at 4:30:34 am

Well, a sure fire way is to simply create a box the size of your page and put it at 0,0 coordinates. Then, you can align objects to that box and delete the box when you're done.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Jun 16, 2005 at 4:23:55 pm

Thumbslinger provided the best answer of drawing a rectangle the size of your page(or add bleed a .5" extra top top and bottom to the box if you are printing with 1/8" bleed).

Too bad InDesign does not have a flyout menu option for "Align to Artboard" as Illustrator has.

Return to posts index

Ekwoman
on Jul 28, 2005 at 4:22:33 am

When you say "align to page" are you wanting to center the item on the page? If so, what I always do is select the object you want to center on the page, choose the center square in the reference point (in the upper left hand corner of the Control palette)...that way you're choosing to work in reference to the center of your object. Next, in the X and/or Y coordinates, enter 1/2 of the page size. For instance, to center on an 8.5 x 11 page, enter 4.25 in the X and 5.5 in the Y. If you don't know half, let InDesign do the math for you: in the X, type in 8.5/2 (and 11/2 in the Y)...when you tab to the next field or hit return, it will figure the formula for you. If you need more help, you can email me (I just joined, not sure if I can post my email...I'll check and we'll go from there). Hope that helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]