FORUMS: list search recent posts

setting pages up for press

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
edy
setting pages up for press
by
on May 23, 2005 at 9:37:46 pm

Hi guys, this probably has a quick and easy answer but that answer has eluded me for quite some time. I'm currently working on a 16 page print job (4 11x17s front and back). Is there an option in indesign that helps with the proper page flow? "Getting page 2 to default to the actual print page 2 "and not the next page. I've searched around and cant find the answer. I suppose i cant find that answer b/c i'm having problems explaining the issue. Any help is appreciated. I realize that this post may not make sense either. I'll leave this as is and post a follow up should it be needed.

thanks,
edy

Return to posts index

Thumbslinger
Re: setting pages up for press
on May 28, 2005 at 12:35:56 am

You're talking about imposition. There isn't any plug-in yet that I'm aware of for InDesign that does this, but I'm sure it won't be long. Quark has plug-ins that do this.

Here's something you can do:
Fold a little paper dummy, number it and then just Section each page in your InDesign document. Or, just number then and lock the page numbers.

16 pages isn't very large so you can move those to get them into 'printer spreads' fairly easily.

Return to posts index

edy
by
on Jun 1, 2005 at 7:21:17 pm

imoposition (printer spreads)! thanks.. thats much easier to understand than my explination. I've done the "dummy" book thing i was just hoping there was an "brainless" way.

thanks!!!
edy

Return to posts index

Mike Rehmus
on Jun 28, 2005 at 3:29:04 am

I thought InCopy did this? It come with InDesign.

Return to posts index

thumbslinger
Re: update
on Jul 27, 2005 at 9:20:32 pm

I see there is a new plug-in available called Imposer Pro. More info at:
http://www.alap.com/products/imposerpro.html

Return to posts index

Ekwoman
on Jul 28, 2005 at 3:35:43 am

Actually, the PageMaker Plugin pack from Adobe ($49US) contains the SE version of ALAP's InBooklet. This feature is built into InDesignCS2. The InBooklet SE does saddle stitching and a few other setups. It also gives you the choice of changing the current document or creating a new, imposed document, while leaving your original (with reader spreads) untouched. Sorry if this comes too late...I just found this board...it's great!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]