FORUMS: list search recent posts

Assistance to learn Resolve 15 + "upgrade database"

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Withers
Assistance to learn Resolve 15 + "upgrade database"
on Feb 19, 2019 at 4:47:25 am

Hello,
I have the free DV 15.2.2.007, I bought a Ripple training series and a book by BM design called The Definitive Guide to DAVINCI RESOLVE 15, and I have the Resolve 15 pdf "manual." And Lynda.

I'm just experimenting on my Macbook Air running Mojave which I know is underpowered for substantial editing (8 GB RAM + Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB) so I just imported a few shots to make a little test movie so I can learn Resolve. Started this in Resolve 14 in year 2018, then uninstalled and installed Resolve 15.

When I open Media Manager I see a Local Database which has the little projects and timelines I made and also a database called "predecember2018" and the instruction to "upgrade database." I can't find any info about this type of database or this instruction and what it does or what it means in any resources I have or online search. Where can I go to learn this in particular and things like this that I can't find in the fine manual.

Do I want to click on this "upgrade database" or not? What will it do and what are the implications?

Thanks a lot,
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]