FORUMS: list search recent posts

MJPEG AVI grabs show no audio in Premiere

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Boas
MJPEG AVI grabs show no audio in Premiere
on Feb 14, 2019 at 9:57:44 pm
Last Edited By Mike Boas on Feb 14, 2019 at 9:59:00 pm

I'm running Windows 10 with Intensity Pro card for grabbing SD video input. My ultimate goal is to grab customers' home movies, so MJPEG compression will be preferable for the hours and hours of content.

With Media Express, I'm able to capture clips as motion-jpeg AVI files. There's no input choice for SD 29.97p, so I've had to choose NTSC 720x486i59.94.

Premiere doesn't show audio for the clips. I know it's there, because I can hear it when I test the AVI in Windows Media Player.

I've also grabbed as 8bit YUV AVI, and those files play the audio fine in Premiere. The file size is cumbersome, though and I'd like to get MJPEG working.

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Mike Boas
Re: MJPEG AVI grabs show no audio in Premiere
on Feb 15, 2019 at 5:24:31 pm

Did some research on the internet, but didn't find an answer yet. Just people with similar problems.

I downloaded a program called MediaInfo to tell me what the properties are of the files that work and don't work.

First, here's the MJPEG that Premiere sees no audio for.

Second, here's an uncompressed 8 bit YUV AVI grab that Premiere reads the audio just fine. As far as I can tell, the audio specs are the same with each.

Return to posts index

Mike Boas
Re: MJPEG AVI grabs show no audio in Premiere
on Feb 15, 2019 at 5:46:55 pm

I ran the files through GSPOT and saw that they each have an audio codec error, 0xfffe (Extensible wave format) not installed.

Weird that they both have error, while only the MJPEG doesn't show audio in Premiere.

Is it worth trying to download and install 0xfffe (Extensible wave format) on my PC? I've never heard of it and don't know where to obtain it.

http://maddogmovies.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]