FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hyperdeck ProRes files recorded with 16 audio tracks

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Brewer
Hyperdeck ProRes files recorded with 16 audio tracks
on Aug 7, 2018 at 10:03:56 pm

A client brings me 1080i HD video files recorded on a HyperDeck. The content comes directly from a 2 ME ATEM switcher with embedded audio on an SDI connection. When I place the files on my timeline they will always display 16 audio tracks with only 2 actually having audio. The other 14 tracks are blank and must be deleted. This is all doable but a hassle. Where would I go to change the config so I get the ProRes files with just the 2 audio tracks, the switcher or the recorder? And what settings would I need to change?

Thanks in advance,

Larry Brewer

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Hyperdeck ProRes files recorded with 16 audio tracks
on Aug 15, 2018 at 4:25:49 pm

Hi Larry,

I have a similar issue with .mxf files from Sony X70 - they import with 4 mono tracks, with nothing on 3 and 4 anyway! I just change that to one stereo track before editing.

With your clip in the Project Bin, right-click and choose Modify > Audio Channels

Set to STEREO and 2 CLIPS and I think that will be what you need, but just play with it to get desired results. When you get it the way you want, SAVE the PRESET for future use. If you multi-select all your clips before Modify, you will change them all at once. Easy, just do this BEFORE you start any editing/making new sequence.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]