FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to transfer videos from BMCC to desktop

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Diaz
How to transfer videos from BMCC to desktop
on Jul 1, 2018 at 5:06:07 am

I recently purchased a BMCC from someone selling it, so I don’t know much of the camera yet. I have videos on my Transcend SSD370. What I’m doing is I’m ejecting the SSD from the camera, hooking it up to a SABRENET 2 .5 SATA hard drive/SSD to USB 3.0 adapter, and connecting it to my Windows desktop computer. However, my computer can only recognize the SABRENT but not the SSD.

How can I transfer saved videos to my computer?

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: How to transfer videos from BMCC to desktop
on Jul 1, 2018 at 4:57:59 pm

I am GUESSING that your SSD card from the camera is NOT formatted NTFS or exFAT. If its HFS+ format or AFPS format, your PC will not see this drive.

Does it show up in the Windows disk manager ?

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Jul 2, 2018 at 5:21:22 am

Hello. yup found out the same way that some but not all BMD cameras record to Mac based media. In case you don't know the folks at BMD are Mac heads, Nothing wrong with that just be aware a lot of their gear is for Mac. The answer is you will need to purchase MacDrive which can be found here.
https://www.mediafour.com/
Also pick up a free copy of Davinci resolve 15 for your camera. You may find it easier to grade your flat looking footage using the tools designed for the camera. Then export the files in a media of your choice and edit in Vegas if you want.
RF

Return to posts index

Andrew Diaz
on Jul 7, 2018 at 5:30:29 pm

Thanks. Downloading MacDrive was really all I had to do! Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]