Hyperdeck Instant Replay
Hello, I’m Anett from Berlin and I’m a multi camera live editor. I had the following problem: how to generate slow motions for sport streaming events?
Together with Nina, an IT specialist für iOS devices, we developed an app to control up to 4 Blackmagic Hyperdecks as a SlowMotion system.
I used it in many live productions, with cameras using synchronized timecode and cameras using no timecode. For cameras with timecode the app provides more functionality.
HyperSlow for iOS supports functions like record, playback with different speeds and tagging. A “SuperPlay” function allows to play back a scene in slow motion from different camera angles one after the other, given that the cameras use synchronized timecode.
We developed and tested the app over the last 12 months and improved it from event to event.
You can learn more about the app on liveskills.net.
Characteristics of HyperSlow:
• Connect Hyperdecks with an iPad using Wi-Fi or a separate LAN and start recording simultaneously
• Use 4 “event keys” to tag important moments in the time line and playback all decks synchronously
• In record mode the key “Stop Reverse” allows to jump before a tagged event to start play back in slow motion. The jump time can be freely defined.
• Use normal SlowMotion playback to play the same scene synchronous from all connected decks. Therefore you can switch on your live switcher from one camera angle to another in the continuous scene.
• Use “SuperPlay” to automatically play back slow motions sequentially from different angles. You need timecode synchronized cameras to use this feature.
• Use HyperSlow to create a list of custom events, store them and export them with the respective timecodes as Excel file.
• Reach good slow motion results with image rates of 50/60 fps and playback speed of 50%. Acceptable results are still possible with 25% play back speed.
You can also export the eventlist via email and open it on a pc, paste and copy the timecodedata to premiere to find your tagged events in your recorded files for your postproduction.
As “HyperSlow” cannot play back and record at the same time, you may need another Hyperdeck or recording device to continue recording the video signal while playing back slow motion material.
Prices and availability:
HyperSlow can be downloaded in Apple’s AppStore here: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/hyperslow/id1147161413
And is available for $49,99.
Press licenses are available on demand. Images are available on the website liveskills.net.