FORUMS: list search recent posts

ATEM Switchers and media players

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Toney
ATEM Switchers and media players
on Oct 2, 2017 at 4:48:51 am

Hi, I have a live event coming up soon and I'm looking for an expensive means to play packaged videos. For example lets says I'm doing a News show and I am having the anchor toss to a news package. I need a way to play these videos in real time. I will be getting one of the newer television studio switchers so the video needs to play on that device.

Return to posts index

Scott Thomas
Re: ATEM Switchers and media players
on Oct 2, 2017 at 6:55:10 pm

You might want to look at CasparCG.

http://casparcg.com/wiki/Main_Page

Return to posts index

Justin Toney
on Oct 2, 2017 at 10:25:27 pm

I have casper installed. Never could figure out exactly how to do this software properly. VMIX is an option as well but the support was horrible. I know with Caspar I needed an external card like a decklink. My issue is portability, I don't want to have to bring an expensive computer for playout and risk damaging said computer.

Return to posts index

Scott Thomas
on Oct 3, 2017 at 2:39:37 pm

Being that CasparCG is free, I would expect support. They do have forums with very helpful people.

You might want to look at ToolsOn-Air for a more turn-key solution perhaps. http://www.toolsonair.com

Return to posts index

Jim Brown
on Oct 3, 2017 at 8:11:33 pm

We used Playback Pro from DT Labs to do this every week both in our broadcast group and events group. It does run on a Mac and uses Quicktime player. If Quicktime will play the file then Playback Pro will.

While not free, it is: 1) Extremely reliable. 2) Easy to Use. 3) Plays well with ATEM switchers. Works with Mac minis, laptops and towers. You can adjust geometry and trim clips while playing. You can link multiple files together for running a block of sponsors ads.

Did I mention it is reliable? In high pressure events and broadcasts you simply want something that works! It is used by meeting and events producers around the world for that reason. Worth the $400.

Jim Brown
M&M ProductionsUSA
Oak Ridge, TN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]