Production Space Build: Blackmagic Based Studio - Inquiry

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Pinho
Production Space Build: Blackmagic Based Studio - Inquiry
on Sep 16, 2017 at 10:21:32 pm
Last Edited By Michael Pinho on Sep 17, 2017 at 12:18:29 am

Hi All,

I have been taxed with creating a small production space for web streaming, news hits and general sit down interviews for web content. The group is hoping for 2-3 cameras where they can digitally record and pass along to our SAN for future edit. The only live functionality is the need to occasionally stream to the web and they obviously would like the ability to switch between cameras for their line cut. Currently there is no lower-3rd or graphical need but it would be nice to design something that could support that in the future.

The space itself and it's construction is being handled by a third party internal resource, however - they have taxed with me coming up with the bulk of the equipment - and provide as close an estimate as possible..

additionally, there is also an internal wire shop resource, so I have not budgeted for labor or custom wire creation - SDI, XLR etc.. so that will not be included in the document I share.

The team who will utilize this space on a day to day basis are not video engineers - but competent camera operators and generally technical savvy individuals. The simplicity of BM design is a major part of our decision to explore their products.

Finally, i know I am severely lacking in audio configuration, so if there is anyone who can help me understand a better i/o workflow in conjunction with the BM design products that would be great. Currently my assumption is audio will record to camera - go through SDI output to switcher - go from switcher to Mackie mixer go from maxi mixer to record.

My normal trade is a commercial producer and while fairly well versed in the i/o of equipment - this is admittedly a task well above my head. Open to all opinions, critiques and points in the right direction.

My current WIP equipment list below.

11693_productionspace091517v1.xlsx.zip

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Mike

**couple of notes on equipment selected**

-We are an existing Sony house hence the FS7
-Assuming one laptop can run the BM ATM and the other can be used for Live Stream not sure if I have any holes where another computer would be required
-There a couple of redundancies with FS7 kit - still TBD (baseplates, rigs etc)
-The team request a third "quick" angle and wanted an A7Sii - I would have pref. a third FS7
-Lighting is limited due to space - assumed Arri Sky Panels would be most versatile
-Assumption that room will be soundproof / provide ample power
-APC is probably not big enough, but did not yet do the math on size required
-hoping this isn't enough gear to justify dedicated HVAC system - but need to do more research

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]