FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Shuttle

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ty Ford
Intensity Shuttle
on Aug 3, 2017 at 6:53:41 pm

Hi,

A friend has just told me that he has success in importing footage into his laptop using the intensity shuttle. He's using premiere on a PC and among other sources us using an old M2 video deck because the source material was shot on M2.

I have a Mac and would like to try this using FCP X. Any thoughts? Should FCP X see the Intensity Shuttle and the video from say an analog VHS tape machine?

Thanks,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Scott Thomas
Re: Intensity Shuttle
on Aug 4, 2017 at 6:36:07 pm

FCPX Probably won't be able to capture using the Shuttle, but Blackmagic's "Media Express" works fine, and is probably installed with the Shuttle software.

FCPX however, should be able to output through the Intensity Shuttle.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 16, 2017 at 4:46:02 pm

Correct...FCX no longer sees external capture cards in terms of being able to capture. FCX does see them for output to a monitor, but FCX (Apple) thinks that tapes no longer exist, or the need to capture from them for use in FCX no longer exists. So they ignore it. But yes, you can capture via Media Express and that device and bring that into FCX.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Aug 26, 2017 at 2:25:03 am

An ADVC Fire Wire system might work best for capturing VHS tapes. The Intensity Shuttle might need a TBC (time base corrector) if the video quality and VHS deck are not up to par.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]