FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live Capturing Stevie Wonder last night with blackmagic capture card, this happened.

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Curt LaFurney
Live Capturing Stevie Wonder last night with blackmagic capture card, this happened.
on May 11, 2017 at 11:07:47 pm

G5 Tower crashed
I was capturing a live performance of Stevie Wonder last night. At the very end of the show my Mac Tower running black magic capture card froze solid. I had to hard shut down and restart the computer. Unfortunately the computer did not finalize the 422 pro rez Qt clip into a .mov, it came up as just av as the extension when I went to look at the file for the entire set. The file is 101 GB in size so the content is there. It won't play back in the finder as well it just gives me a Qt icon that says AV on it but no video image you normally get for a .mov file. When I tried to play it back the Qt player told me unsupported or unrecognized. What can I do to make this av into a simple .mov file? Clients are hours away need to convert this Thank you for any assistance.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Live Capturing Stevie Wonder last night with blackmagic capture card, this happened.
on May 12, 2017 at 8:31:55 pm

you said G5, which was manufactured no later than 2005, which is when it was discontinued. . Please, please tell me that you are not using a 2005 computer to capture the genius of Stevie Wonder - please. It was a Mac Pro (2006 or later) - is this correct ?

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Curt LaFurney
Re: Live Capturing Stevie Wonder last night with blackmagic capture card, this happened.
on May 18, 2017 at 12:56:52 am

Sorry can't tell you that. This is an in house system at a high end club in LA. I'm just the button pusher. Except for a 4 frame offset it's worked perfectly up to this point.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]