FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live stream multiple camera's through Blackmagic ATEM and Wirecast?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Film
Live stream multiple camera's through Blackmagic ATEM and Wirecast?
on Apr 12, 2017 at 10:32:02 pm

Hi,

Can the Blackmagic ATEM switch sent separate input signals to Wirecast through UTP?

The Blackmagic ATEM switch will be used to catch signal from 1 camera and 1 PowerPoint presentation. The idea is to live stream both using split screen.

To achieve this (with fancy graphics, name titles and such) it seems software like Wirecast is necessary. Within Wirecast you can open up a template which holds two video holders (next to each other). You can set the input for both. So here's the question: will Blackmagic ATEM switch be able to send me two separate signals? One camera and one PowerPoint? So I can combine them in Wirecast.

Or what other options do I have? Mix the two inputs using the Blackmagic software upfront (transition?) and send that single signal to Wirecast? That's another reason why WIrecast seems to be important: the output needs to be live streamed to Facebook and YouTube at the same time.

Lastly: there is a second camera which preferably will be added to the live stream. The main event will be captured by one camera. But during the breaks, a second camera will go backstage (wireless). Another reason why it comes in handy to be able to send separate signals to Wirecast instead of one.

Hope that made sense.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Chad Pearson
Re: Live stream multiple camera's through Blackmagic ATEM and Wirecast?
on Apr 13, 2017 at 1:01:45 am

The ATEM can only output one signal at a time. Though that one signal can contain a "picture in picture" of two sources plugged into the ATEM that will only show up as a single input to Wirecast.

Instead check out the newly released Blackmagic Web Presenter, each Web presenter will still only appear as a single input into Wirecast, but at less than half the price of an ATEM you can buy two and each will appear as a separate web cam in Wirecast.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]