FORUMS: list search recent posts

DigiBeta tape to Uncompressed Quicktime

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rayjohn Tagayon
DigiBeta tape to Uncompressed Quicktime
on Apr 5, 2017 at 2:20:56 am

I'll be doing our first tape to data conversion in about a few weeks and I have little idea how to go about it. We have an ultrastudio 4k connected via thunderbolt to our mac workstation running davinci resolve. Is this all I need to convert the tapes to be sent to us? They will also be requiring the stereo mix and the stereo mix and elements, any help about extracting those audio files separately from the tape will help. Thank you!

Return to posts index

andy patterson
Re: DigiBeta tape to Uncompressed Quicktime
on Apr 7, 2017 at 9:56:44 pm

The Ultra Studio should work. You can capture just video using Media Express but not just the audio. With Premiere Pro can you can capture just audio or just video if you want.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: DigiBeta tape to Uncompressed Quicktime
on Apr 8, 2017 at 2:34:31 am

Are those elements separate on the tape? Meaning, are there multiple tracks of audio, besides the stereo mix? Digibeta can have 4 tracks of audio, so the first two typically are the stereo mix, and then the other two would be something else, say mix minus VO, or just music and SFX. Does the label indicate a track assignment? Does the slate on the tape?

I wouldn't capture to UNCOMPRESSED, that's huge and takes FAST drives. ProRes or DNxHD is plenty good for Digibeta

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]