FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Decklink and Windows 7 PC - AVI capture only

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Myra Riddick
Blackmagic Decklink and Windows 7 PC - AVI capture only
on Jan 11, 2017 at 9:37:49 pm

I have a Windows 7 PC and I recently purchased a Blackmagic Decklink 4K Extreme card. I was testing it out in Premiere CC 2015 and 2017 and found that I was only able to ingest as an AVI. I was wondering if it is possible to capture with a QuickTime wrapper. I reached out to Blackmagic Support and was rudely told that it's a Premiere issue and I need to contact their support. Adobe Premiere support informed me that it's not possible to capture as QuickTime with any card on a Windows PC unless I was using a third party plugin. I know this to be incorrect since I was routinely able to capture as .mov with an AJA LHe Plus card without using any plugin.

Also has anyone had trouble laying off with the Blackmagic Decklink 4K Extreme from a Windows 7 PC? I can output video but am having a hard time figuring out why audio is not reaching the tape.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Return to posts index

George Mutambuka
Re: Blackmagic Decklink and Windows 7 PC - AVI capture only
on Jan 15, 2017 at 2:07:36 pm

In my experience using a BMD Intensity Pro on a Windows 7 PC I could only capture .AVI wrapped codecs,
Then when capturing in Premiere Pro CS6 I had an extra option of capturing in DVCPRO HD, as I recall it was the story that Windows system can't capture anything else, it must be so though (when using BMD cards, because you didn't have an issue with AJA as you mentioned),

[Myra Riddick] " I can output video but am having a hard time figuring out why audio is not reaching the tape"

As for that issue I would recommend looking at the output settings on either BMD's Media Express or Premiere Pro, to make sure the audio is being assigned out, maybe it is being output through somewhere else, I know BMD cards to be flexible that you can output audio one way and video another.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]