FORUMS: list search recent posts

BM codecs in FCP X?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Thomas
BM codecs in FCP X?
on Nov 23, 2016 at 1:40:11 pm

I just updated my Mac Pro to OS X 10.12 and BM Desktop Video 10.8.3. The new OS X also allowed me to update FCP X to 10.3.

This is the first time I have tried using FCP X with my BM DeckLink 2 card. I am used to seeing a long list of BM codecs in FCP for output - but don't see anything in FCP X. How do I set this up?

Return to posts index

Roger Poole
Re: BM codecs in FCP X?
on Dec 10, 2016 at 7:35:32 pm
Last Edited By Roger Poole on Dec 10, 2016 at 8:58:00 pm

M'mm, this is a bit of a worry as I'm just in the process of going from FCP7 to X. In my case also on a Mac Pro and also the Blackmagic decklink Studio 2. When I installed the Decklink software I got a message telling me I needed to update the software for the card. Well the card doesn't have software so I assume what they mean is a firmware update which I'm loath to do because I might loose functionality in FCP7 which I run on Mountain Lion from another boot disk.
If FCPX isn't giving you the full list of output options like it does in FCP7, what if you go to the Blackmagic control panel in System preferences and check "Set default video standard as" I can't check it myself because I removed the BM driver for the time being. Also I found that there are no bars and tone in FCPX which is a bit of a bummer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]