FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink HD Extreme - Surround Monitoring Channel Loss

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Vernon
Decklink HD Extreme - Surround Monitoring Channel Loss
on Nov 12, 2016 at 3:38:30 am

I am hoping someone out there can help me troubleshoot my surround monitoring problem with my BlackMagic Decklink Extreme 3D+!

Since purchasing this card about 4 years ago I have had on and off issues with surround and audio/video sync. The latest issue being that when trying to monitor surround, which I have not had the need to do for quite some time, I cannot get any signal to the rear (surround) or sub!

I have tried setting up in multiple configurations from both premiere and Audition, and getting the same results from both. Left, right and centre all map fine, but the second I try and map anything the rear or LFE channels it goes dead.

I am currently (and have always been) running the HDMI out from the card to a Denon Receiver and in the past have had great results one configured correctly. I have tried assigning mono tracks to the surround channels in premiere... mixing a mono channel in surround in a 5.1 track. The level indicators in all software show it is mixing fine, but no matter what I try I cannot get across all channels.

It's driving me nuts that I know my hardware and setup has not changed over the past few years but I can no longer monitor any 5.1 mixes.

Running the latest versions of Premiere and Audition, even tried resolve and the latest BlackMagic drivers. Any advice on what I can check for to troubleshoot would be really appreciated.

Cheers
Mark Vernon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]