FORUMS: list search recent posts

BMCC - Footage with pink and green noise

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gabriel dorame
BMCC - Footage with pink and green noise
on Oct 30, 2016 at 3:26:07 am

Hi,

I just bought an used BMCC and after a few weeks, finally got an SSD (HyperX Savage). I updated to the camera to the 2.1 Firmware attached a 18-135mm EFS Canon Lens and I got ready to shoot my first test footage (everything fine until here).

As soon as I turned the camera on and I pointed it to shoot (this is the first time I've ever used a BMCC), I started to notice through the screen, a pink and green noise all over the lower half of the screen. First, I thought it was the zebras or the focus peaking, so I tried activating and deactivating both, but the image on the screen continued to show the stains/noise. So, I tried changing different settings (ISO, recording formats, etc.) but this didn't changed. I recorded some footage and looking at it, the stains/noise were there (first I thought it was only an issue from the screen). I shot ProRes and RAW, both had the same problem.

So my question is, if anybody knows if this a common thing or if it can be solved in some hidden menu or by re-installing the firmware (by btw, the whole process installing the firmware didn't show any trouble), or the seller just sold me a defective camera.

Please let me know, I was really happy about finally start shooting with this camera, and then this... I believe I still can return it in case is faulty.

Here is a link from some screenshots from the footage:

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/0242daef390edacfe8d84afb7fa80183201610...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]