FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black magic support for Video assist with SDI

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Forsey
Black magic support for Video assist with SDI
on Oct 22, 2016 at 2:34:17 pm

Pardon my ignorance if this is actually a silly question.
I've just bought the black magic video assist monitor and after connecting my sdi cable to sdi connection on monitor it is now stuck. I can't seem to get the damn cable off the monitor. It doesn't seem to be screwed on. It just clicked into place and now I can't get it off.

Any help would be much appreciated as Black magic support is the worst!

AF

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Black magic support for Video assist with SDI
on Oct 23, 2016 at 4:39:36 pm

I hate to suggest this, but a simple pair of standard plyers, with a little firm pressure should make it twist, and then the same pair of plyers to vertically lift the BNC off the chassis mount connector on the Blackmagic.
I suspect that the cable you were using does not use Kings, or Canare connectors. Perhaps I am wrong. Cheap BNC cables that are manufactured slightly too small (or too large) - even by a tiny fraction, will cause this problem.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Alex Forsey
on Oct 23, 2016 at 8:31:22 pm

Thanks for the advice but the cables weren't cheap at all. Also its not a BNC connection its a Din 1.0/2.3 on the black magic video assist. Turning is not the problem. The problem is the connector spins freely. I'm not even sure whats holding it on. Like I said its just a bad design. I'm really stuck as to what to do apart from aggressively pulling it off, but I'm worried I will damage the monitor. There isn't even a service centre where I can take it to have it repaired.

AF

Return to posts index

Jud Archer
on Oct 24, 2016 at 1:41:26 pm

To my knowledge the Din 1.0/2.3 is a "push/pull" mechanism. I don't think it's designed to twist or screw off.

Return to posts index

Alex Forsey
on Oct 24, 2016 at 3:14:11 pm

Thank you Jud.
My point exactly. It clicked into place when I attached it and cannot remove it now. Unfortunately the push/pull mechanism doesn't work. I put it down to bad design. Stuck as in how to remove it now.

AF

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Feb 25, 2017 at 2:12:18 am

Just curious: did you ever get an answer to your question? I have the Video Assist, and I have not had this problem... yet.

Bob C

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]