Monitoring on non-retina Mbp

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hendrik Martz
Monitoring on non-retina Mbp
on Oct 4, 2016 at 10:25:43 am

Hello,

i have the following question:
I have a 2012 non-retina MBP with one TB-port.
If I attach a TB Display, it would give me a 2nd display and an additional TB-Port.
Is it possible to attach a BMD Ultrastudio mini monitor with TB to that port and then monitor my PP and Avid Timelines on a 2n external display? Editing on TB Display and previewing and grading on that 2nd external display?
Has anybody tried that yet??

Thanx for an answer in advance..

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Monitoring on non-retina Mbp
on Oct 4, 2016 at 10:32:59 pm

[Hendrik Martz] "Is it possible to attach a BMD Ultrastudio mini monitor with TB to that port and then monitor my PP and Avid Timelines on a 2n external display? "

Yes. TB has loop through, so you can go to a TB display, then out of that to an IO device. or to a hard drive, then monitor, then BMD card. It works.

[Hendrik Martz] " Editing on TB Display and previewing and grading on that 2nd external display?"

Yes. I've done that, and still do that. I have the exact computer you have. But my BMD device happens to have two TB ports, so I go to IT first, then the external monitor (older one that's DVI). But I still get my laptop monitor, external computer monitor for second UI display, and the BMD to production monitor.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Hendrik Martz
on Oct 6, 2016 at 6:48:24 am

Thanx for the reply.

What kind of BMD device you have, that has two TB outs??

Hendrik

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 6, 2016 at 6:51:36 am

The UltraStudio 4K and 4K extreme...the rack mount boxes...have two TB ports. They ALL should have them, to be honest..

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]