FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blackmagic Television Studio Inquiries

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Armando Irias
Blackmagic Television Studio Inquiries
on Jul 21, 2016 at 8:41:14 pm

Hello,
I am planning on building a 3 camera setup with Blackmagic Televison studio for doing live streaming of sporting events (boxing) to be exact. I have never done such a setup, thus, I have several questions regarding the acquisition of equipment for me to function properly.
1. I need to input several mics for comentators and ambience into the atem. I plan to have an audio mixer attached to the Behringer ULTRAMATCH PRO SRC2496 for conversion into digital format. This audio master should go into the atem via a rca-bnc cable to the AES/EBU audio input? Will this audio be transferable into my computer for streaming? Will the Ultramatch correct any audio delays?

2. I plan to record my program output of the atem in Blackmagic Design HyperDeck Shuttle 2 SSD Video Recorder. And from here I plan to take a hdmi out into a capture card in my pc to do live streaming.

3. For capture card in my pc Im thinking about getting Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro 4K. Is this a good option? If not, what else would you recommend? Is there any particular live streaming software that I should be using in a pc environment?

4. Also, I need to send the program output to several monitors in the venue for monitoring. Is it ok if I use this KanexPro 1x4 HDMI Splitter to connect the program output? I accept suggestions. And where is the best place to connect this splitter to? Directly from the program output of the atem? or the hdmi output of my Hyperdeck Shuttle Recorder?

that's about all the questions I have for the moment, I appreciate your help.
Thank you,

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: Blackmagic Television Studio Inquiries
on Aug 5, 2016 at 7:11:14 am

1. The Behringer Ultra Curve Pro DEQ2496 is typically used to convert analog audio into AES/EBU digital to feed into the ATEM TVS video switcher. And the DEQ2496 can be set to compensate for the video delay in the ATEM switcher.

The digital output from the DEQ2496 is a balanced XLR connection, but the digital audio input to the ATEM TVS is an unbalanced BNC connector. I made my own adapter cable for this connection, but you can buy them for reasonable prices if you don't want to DIY.

2. You might be better off NOT "daisy-chaining" your video through the HyperDeck Shuttle recorder. It would be safer to take two ouptuts from the TVS, and run one of them to the recorder, and another to your computer capture card. That way, your computer signal/recording/live stream is not dependent on the HyperDeck. There are several program outputs from the TVS, so you should not have to daisy-chain the program video signal.

3. You must select the video input card and streaming software that will operate on YOUR computer. There is no future in buying hardware or software that is not capable of operating with your computer.

4. There are many video distribution amplifier products. The Kanex is only one option. NOTE however, that sending video signals more than 2-3m over HDMI is very frequently problematic. It is MUCH MUCH MORE RELIABLE to distribute HD digital video via HD-SDI coaxial cable. We typically use "antenna-grade" RG6 from the home improvement store as it is quite inexpensive but works very reliably up to 100m or 300 ft. Highly recommend distributing HD video over SDI and then converting to HDMI at the destination end (the various monitor screens or projectors, etc.) SDI to HDMI converters are quite inexpensive these days.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]