Decklink 2160p and 1080p output

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis St.
Decklink 2160p and 1080p output
on May 21, 2016 at 8:17:42 pm
Last Edited By Dennis St. on May 22, 2016 at 3:31:42 pm

Hey guys,

our beloved editor shares a deep affection for da vinci resolve and wants to use it as our main NLE
(besides Premiere CC i suppose.)

We have 2 monitors connected to the GPU (for the desktop/workspace) 1x1080p reference monitor connected through SDI to a BMD Decklink Studio 4K and a 4K television currently connected to the decklink via
HDMI. (15m cable)

Aside from having massive problems with the HDMI signal from the Decklink (sometimes i need to switch between the HDMI ports on the television several times before i get a signal, maybe due to the length of the HDMI cable) it seems that the decklink can`t officially output 2160p/1080p at the same time.
When i wanna output a 2160p signal to our 4k television to get an impression of our RED 4K stuff its bascially getting dark on the 1080p monitor.

Blackmagic told me that no BMD card supports that out of the box (even though rumors in the web claim the Blackmagic Extreme 12G does) So it boils down to output a 2160p signal from the decklink and downconvert the signal to 1080p with a teranex mini or whatever or giving the inofficial approach a shot by using the Decklink 12G Extreme and hope for simultaneous 2160p/1080p output.

What do you suggest?

Thanks for all your help.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Decklink 2160p and 1080p output
on May 25, 2016 at 2:36:31 pm

Im amazed that you can get a 4K signal out of the Decklink Studio 4K on the HDMI output !
I can assure you (since I have suffered thru this), that if you get the Teranex Mini ($495) you can see the 4K HDMI signal reliably on your HDMI monitor without plugging, and unplugging. It works reliably.
Now, you say "but it's supposed to work, without me having to buy anything else". What can I say.
The converters are cheap enough.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Dennis Stonefield
Re: Decklink 2160p and 1080p output
on May 30, 2016 at 10:18:34 pm

Sorry for replying so late and thanks for your time Bob.
I wont complain about the Terranex Mini, i was pretty much expecting this.
So instead of buying the Decklink 4K Extreme by hoping i could avoid the teranex SDI to HDMI converter i could purchase the more affordable Decklink 4K Pro and the converter?

Thank you very much for your help :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]